Thursday, January 8, 2015

Day Five: Land!

Dear journal,
We have made more supply and navigation checks and we seem to be okay. We have traveled for weeks and we are getting tired. We have no damage from the storm a few days ago, and everybody is healthy, but tired.
To keep us occupied, we sing songs, gamble, and go rat hunting. The games never get old for some reason. James and John start to argue over who got the rat, and they start fighting. Captain breaks them apart and they give each other stink eye. We decide to call it a day and head over to over rope coils.
I'm the first to get up and I lean on the side of the ship, staring at the horizon. Suddenly I spot A dark figure n the distance. I squint and try to make out what it was.
"LAND! LAND!" I yell at the top of my lungs. Within seconds, the whole crew is pushing each other to see the land. The captain comes over and pats me on the back. I glance over to him and he smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment