Thursday, December 11, 2014

Day Two: Set Sail

August 1, 1495
Dear journal,

     Today, we are supposed to set sail on the wonderful ship Pink Fluffy Unicorn and starting a new adventure to the "New World" with my team. The smell of the stinky tar filled the salty air. The sails snapped in the cool breeze as we wave to our friends and family, treading that we might not see them again. Tears roll down my face as we untie the rope and the rope falls into the trail of our ship as the wind carries us away in to the long Journey that awaits us.

     The sun is blazing hot and we are sweeping the cool water on the dark wood that sits under our sweaty feet. We are approaching a pit stop and the thought of not getting off so the crew doesn't desert us is playing hopscotch. We are almost to the Azoes islands and we are arguing about getting off or stay on and have a mad crew. John is still trying to talk us into us staying on the ship, but I'm lost in thought about my daughter, Elisabeth who I left in boarding school back in our home town, and she was screaming my name as I walk out the door, head down, forcing myself not to look back.
     "Tania!" John yells at me and I snap to attention. "I asked you a question!"
     "Sure." I said, not knowing what the question was.

     We stop by the islands, but don't get out. Jack tries to out of the boat, but we stopped him in mid-air, breaking his leg when he slams into the bow of the ship, sending him to our surgeon, Faith. We decide to do the supply check because before we left, since there was a rumor that a ship from Spain  was in the middle of the ocean and had weevils in their biscuits. Then we had to check how we were navigation wise. It turned out we were right where we need to be. That's pretty good if I do say so myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment